Donate to help this blog continue

Friday, March 25, 2016

MAY I QUOTE YOU...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love quotes. I love searching for them, quoting them, comprising them, etc. What are quotes anyway but a few beautiful words of wisdom? I love to take the quotes that really speak to me and use them in my art. I recently constructed a large “Dream Board” in which I utilized several of my favorite quotes as they are generally things I strive for in my own life. 

As I was surfing the net  today I happened to discover some more wonderful gems at www.Lifehack.org, entitled “10 Funny Life Quotes, That are Surprisingly Profound,” by Vincent Nguyen.These are awesome…and so true:  


1. “Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.  Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure.” –Murphy’s Law


2. “Anything you lose automatically doubles in value.”  -Mignon McLaughlin


3. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” -Brian Gerald O’Driscoll


4. “The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.”  -Erma Bombeck

5. “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” -Will Rogers


6. “Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.” -Unknown


7. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar


8. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.” -Abraham Lincoln


9. “Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.” -Bill McGlashen


10. “Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up.” –Unknown.

I also found another article at Lifehack.org entitled, “30 of The Best Quotes Ever,” by Krissy Bradywith the following dos and don’ts:

“Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.”
-Oliver James

“Flatter yourself critically.”
-Willis Goth Regier

“Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain

“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.”
-Cyril Connolly

“We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”
-Virginia Satir

“Don’t look for society to give you permission to be yourself.”
-Steve Maraboli

“If things go wrong, don’t go with them.”
-Roger Babson

“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.”
-Kurt Cobain

“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
-Chinese Proverb

“Where’s your will to be weird?”
-Jim Morrison

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.”
-Joss Whedon

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
-Oscar Wilde

“I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.”
-Sylvia Plath

“There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
-Anaïs Nin

“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

“If you seek authenticity for authenticity’s sake you are no longer authentic.”
-Jean Paul Sartre

“If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.”
-David Carradine

“When one is pretending the entire body revolts.”
-Anaïs Nin

“Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.”
-Dodinsky

“Do what you must,
And your friends will adjust.”
-Robert Brault

“Just let awareness have its way with you completely.”
-Scott Morrison

“We must be our own before we can be another’s.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
-Dr. Seuss

“Imitation is suicide.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope that any or all of these will inspire you. What are your favorite quotes?



Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: