Donate to help this blog continue

Friday, February 26, 2016

WHAT PRICE ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY?...

(c) Kimberly's Insanity - Horsefall Beach, Oregon


What price are you willing to pay to keep fear alive in your life? You may think this an odd question to ask, but at some point people actually decide to keep fear in their lives as it enters and the negativity that goes along with it, all the while knowing that doing so will cost them so much. So I ask you, what are you giving up? What price are you willing to pay?

While surfing YouTube the other day I came across one of my all-time favorite songs written by Amanda McBroom entitled...The Rose.  As Bette Midler caressed my soul with her beautiful rendition, I became lost in thought and focused intently on the lyrics...maybe for the first time. The more I listened the more I realized that this is a song about fear and what you lose if you let it take over your life...you lose life, you lose happiness, you lose love.


These are the verses that, when I heard them, made me sit up and pay attention to their written word:

"...It's the heart, afraid of breaking 
that never learns to dance

It's the dream, afraid of waking 
that never takes the chance

It's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give

And the soul, afraid of dying 
that never learns to live”

When you are afraid of heartbreak, you never get close enough to anyone to be yourself...I mean completely and utterly yourself. Hence the phrase, never learns to dance. When you are afraid of living your dreams you will never give up everything to take the chance at making them real. When you are afraid of dying, you never learn to live because you will never let yourself be really and truly free enough to do so.

This is something I have fought for years and am now at a point in life in which I will not pay these prices for fear. While fear seems to present valid reasons for things when we are in the midst of it, I finally realized that it is not worthwhile to give it any merit at all because it isn't worth the price. I don't know about you, but I want to take the chances...I want to dance...I want to live my dreams and fantasies and I want to love someone to the very depths of my soul with every fiber of my being...I want to live...really live...and I will to all of the above because every day in every way I work at eradicating fear from my life by facing each and every one of them and then moving forward. Am I there yet? Almost. It has been a long and tough process, and by long I mean years long, but I am at a point now that I just want the joy, the laughter, the deep connections with people, the exciting journeys, the "aha" moments, the happiness, the spontaneity, and the deep-down fulfillment every day that I am alive and free and me. 

For me, I am not willing to pay any price to keep fear in my life...in fact I would be willing to pay to keep it out. How about you?





Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.


No comments: