Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, February 28, 2016

HOW TO SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BEAST or 5 SONGS TO LIFT YOU UP...

(Photo courtesy darknessclosesin.ning.com)

What do you do to soothe yourself, or that part of yourself, that can get riled up and stressed out? For me, it's music. Music is the one thing that can instantly transform my mood from blah to yah, from mad to glad and from sad to "woo hoo" (yeah, that one didn't rhyme) in a matter of mere seconds. 

We all have music genres that speak to us and for some of us, many genres...one for every mood. When I'm down or feeling scattered, I love positive and uplifting songs so I thought I would share a few of my favorites with you:











I have a number of playlists that I keep on my cell phone and I carry a set of small headphones at all times...this way no matter where I am (grocery shopping, walking, quick excursions to the beach, etc.) I have my music to keep my mood centered and positive. 

If music doesn't do it for you, find that thing that does and go to it often, be it writing (another of my favorites), journaling, poetry, art, crafting, walking on the beach, golfing, exercising, being in a favorite room of the house (it's healthy to be in a room that has a calming color on the walls for relaxation), cooking, dancing, or whatever it is that soothes the savage beast in you. Make sure you make time to soothe and pamper yourself at least 3 times a day...it makes all the difference in your day.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: