Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, May 16, 2015

FRIENDSHIPS ARE MARRIAGES OF SOULS...

  • As I was scrolling through quotes today on the internet, one of my favorite past times to kill boredom, I came across one that I had not heard before, but really struck resonance with me.  It states that, "A close friendship is every bit as sacred and eternal as marriage." Wow, I was blown away by that as well as the fact that I had not thought of it in this context before.  After all, isn't marriage supposed to be a bond between two people who consider themselves to be close friends?
I then realized this is one huge part of why I never married.  I thought maybe I was a commitment phobic, and to a degree I guess that has always been true, but then I thought about how many really close friends I have been so fortunate to have over the years, and those I still have that I have known for years and years and I think it fulfills me.  I have never had the need to be surrounded by people in my life, only a select few...the few I feel are worth the time and effort that goes into any relationship.  To that end the opposite is true...I have never felt the need to commit to one person and I think there is a little fear there that if I do, I will miss out on being close friends with the next person meant to come into my life (hence the commitment phobic part).  It leads me to believe more and more that I am not wired like the rest of society or even most of my friends who have had that need or desire to marry, however I do crave the promise of consistent love and affection one gets from marriage and I do find I have that with my really close friends. Some of them will always have my back, some will be there to listen at any hour of the day or night for any reason, some will cheer me on as well as let me cheer them on, and some will be so close we share all of that and then some.  I have to say I am blessed and grateful for, not only the people in my life who have proven to be tried and true, but to those who left my life due to toxicity.  

A friend, like a husband or wife, should be willing to do anything that it is within their power to do for you, because of your bond or commitment to one another...because of the nature of your respective love for one another and because of your mutual respect. I believe that one day I will find that one person who makes me want to marry, but if the bond and the commitment are there, I probably won't feel the need. At least I haven't thus far, but who knows?  It's a great quote.


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: