Donate to help this blog continue

Friday, April 12, 2013

AGE DISCRIMINATION

Snapshot_20130102_9
I’m not sure when it happened exactly, but lately whenever I put in applications for jobs of various types, I seem to lose out to the younger, less qualified age group.  This is bullshit.  I am lucid and able-bodied and I don’t understand why I always have to try harder and fight longer for a job that I can do in my sleep.

Okay I don’t want to get started on all of the things that are fucking screwed up in this country, but how crappy is it that you work hard all your life (I’ve been working since I was very young) and then you get kicked in the teeth and tossed aside because you are viewed as being a bit long in the tooth.  Puh-leeeez.  I’m even willing to settle for less pay if I have to just to get the job but I get passed over time and time again. 

I also don’t understand why it happens internally.  You would think that a reliable, responsible person who has been with the company for years and grown and learned all of the corporate ways and policies, would be first choice for hiring within and promoting forward and upward.  I have worked at companies where I was passed over for years and then, just when I get ready to find another job, I’m suddenly a viable candidate. 

It saddens me that we still have age discrimination, hell it saddens me that we are a very discriminatory country in general and in all aspects, but the fact that we barely take care of the people who worked so hard to make and keep this country alive while paying taxes and working their asses off, is really sad, not to mention bad Karma.  What if it is this bad Karma that has come around threefold and put the country into the place we are now?  Great going government.  Way to take care of your own.

No comments: