Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

APPRECIATE LIFE


As I watch my mother suffer emotionally through her cancer, I see the daily changes in her appreciation for life. I hear the comments, "Just be glad you're healthy," and see the new wonder as she realizes what is truly here on earth. So sad that it takes something like this horrible event to awaken so many people around her, and to show us all that life is truly a special gift, given to souls to experience things not possible in other realms.

My mother is a truly wonderful soul who has always been such a giving and caring person, that she's barely taken notice of herself. Maybe this is God's way of letting her know that she needs to take care of number one and experience life on her terms and in her way. I am sure, more each day, that she is going to beat this stage 4 atrocity, and come out on top, stronger and more appreciative of herself and all that she has to offer.

Never take life, or anything in it, for granted. I love the saying, "It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got." For me, that says it all.

No comments: