Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MY ART IN A CARTON ARRIVED TODAY

After what seemed like a terrible day at work, I arrived home to find that Barbara Saint Jacques had sent me my first "Art in a Carton" (see link in left hand column). As I unwrapped the intricately stamped white paper, I was so excited to see the beautiful, fall colored carton (one of my most favorite seasons). I have waited months for it to be my turn and this is my first carton. Look at the beautiful angel doll made from a wooden clothespin and flowers. She made a beautiful wooden button box and filled it with buttons, along with a miniature matchbox drawer full of seed beads and two charms, a small book with my initial on the inside cover, a wooden sun, another small book, and a beautiful wooden stick adorned with a jewel and beautiful strings of wool. Thank you SO much Barbara - these treasures will certainly be treasured.

I am now going to get my trinkets together to mail out to Barbara and two other "unidentified" recipients. This is really a fun venture and thank you so much Susan for your brilliant "pay it forward" idea. It is so much fun.

No comments: