Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, December 15, 2018

CHRISTMAS IS A PLACE IN THE HEART...


CHRISTMAS IS A PLACE IN THE HEART...
©Kimberly D. Miller - December 15, 2018


With Christmas right around the corner, I have been reflecting on Christmases past and the happy times we had as children. I remember being so spoiled by all of the “stuff” we found under the tree. Our parents went all out every year to make sure we had everything we asked for, and then some. We never wanted for anything...except the occasional hug. I cannot fault my parents for the way they were brought up and, as human beings go, they did the best they could as parents, but the true meaning of Christmas was something we never understood back then. In fact, it wasn't until I was a mother myself that I ever really knew that Christmas was not about what we got under the tree, but what we gave of each other, especially during that time, in honor of the birth of Christ. I tried so hard every year to instill this belief in my son and I have to pat myself on the back as he is the first one to say, “let's not do presents, let just have a meal and enjoy each others' company.” I am a bit of a proud mother (insert large grin here).



Christmas is a place in the heart...it's the love you have, not only for your family, but also for the people in your life you cherish and those who could use a helping hand. This year, why not honor them with your time...as that is the most precious gift you have to offer.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: