Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, April 29, 2018

A TIMELESS LIFE...

Photo (c) Kimberly D. Miller 04-2018

Being a deep-thinker can make for an exhausting and lonely life at times, but I've come to realize that I am a person of ideas and I have so many of them that they are literally bursting to make their way out of my crowded, crazy mind (insert infamous grin here).

Yesterday, while in the middle of a coaching session, I realized that I repeatedly hear this phrase from people, “There's not enough time.” From there I began to ponder and wondered, what if it wasn't about time? What if there were no calendars or clocks or watches? What would the world be like? The answer? R * E * L * A * X * E * D. Of course it would be very negative for the economy because there may not be one, but for our mental health, it would be amazing. Imagine it. Going to bed when you felt like it, waking up...whenever, working when it was convenient to do so, or if you even wanted to, but there are no calendars so you'd never know if it were a work day or a day to relax. People would have all the time in the world to spend quality time raising their families. No one would rush, which would pretty much eliminate road-rage and angry attitudes toward others. No one would have to wrestle with getting the things they loved in their lives accomplished against a clock or day of the week. People could have social gatherings and not worry about getting home early to get to work the next day. We would eat meals when hungry, not by the clock...and so on and so on.

There have been a few times when I have had little to no work and, while it was hard on the bank account, I SO loved the freedom I felt being able to not look at a clock or calendar. What day was it? What time was it? I never knew, nor did I care. Having to succumb to society for our bread and butter takes all of the quality living out of life so therefore, what kind of life is that at all? Now, with everyone so plugged in, there is even less.
Sadly, I feel that so many of us will never know this kind of freedom, and because we need to eat and keep roofs over our heads, there will always be clocks and watches and calendars, hence the phrase, “There's not enough time,” will always be a debilitating factor.


Learning to manage the time we have is so important and I hope that, if you are having problems doing so, you will make a real effort to find your particular answer through either research or hiring a life coach. It makes all the difference in your quality of life. 


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: