Donate to help this blog continue

Friday, March 10, 2017

NEVER MET A STRANGER...



People often say to me, "Kimberly, you have never met a stranger" and, I have to say, they are right. We come into this world alone (with the exception of those present at the birth of course) and we leave this world alone.  However, if we are lucky and we make the right choices, we don't have to be alone through the journey, from start to finish. 

Have you ever heard the expression, "You can pick your friends, but you're stuck with your family?"  To that I say...phooey.  I believe you can create your family as well.  I consider some of my closest friends to be my family and in this sense, I get to choose my family.  The one thing that all human beings have in common, is that we are here.  We are all on this journey at the same time and we can choose to know each other, or not.  Being creatures of free will, that decision is a very personal choice.

For me, I find my journey is heightened by the people I meet, whether or not I choose them to be involved in my life on a large scale, or just a fleeting moment.  I believe that every stranger is a potential friend

I have also discovered that if you are one of those people who tend to "judge a book by its cover," you are going to miss out on knowing some rather fine individuals.  Whether meeting people in person, or over the internet, each meeting is a chance to make a new friend, for however long it lasts, and for whatever reason they are meant to play a role, vital or small, in your life.

I love to people-watch wherever I am and I notice that most people tend to walk around in their own little worlds with walls all around them, barely taking the time to look up, meet a stranger's eyes and offer a smile, let alone accept a smile being offered by someone else.  We're all so afraid of something.  It's as though trust has fast become one of those words no longer recognized in the dictionary.  It's understandable, considering all of the trauma our country has gone through as a whole and individually in each city and state, but don't let it take the wind out of your sails.  Each time your eyes meet those of a stranger, you could be looking into the eyes of your new best friend, your soul mate, your future husband, wife or partner or even those of someone who will profoundly touch your life in the blink of an eye. 

So remember the next time you are out in public, to look around you and notice each person.  Offer them a smile and look into their eyes.  Every stranger is a potential friend...don't miss out on a potentially, amazing opportunity.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: