Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, October 23, 2016

THE LIFE YOU COULD HAVE HAD...


Did you ever dare to let yourself dream about the life you could have had, had you been brave enough to make those decisions when they were in front of you? 

This is a tough subject on which to confront ourselves as it's hard to look at ourselves later in life and wonder, wow had I only done what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it where would I be now... For me personally, in my early years I took no chances whatsoever and I still wonder what would have happened had I (fill in missed opportunity here), but the more years I've been allowed to advance the more I've been able to finally make the changes I've wanted at the time I wanted them and, although not always easy choices, definitely a more worthwhile path to follow. I think if I had one regret it would be that the love of my life could not make the changes in her life she would have had to make in order to be with me, but sometimes when you find your split-apart you aren't always able to have them in the lifetime in which you find them and, in this case, I will always wonder about what might have been. I hold out hope that she will eventually come around and make those changes so we can share the rest of our lives and not a day goes by that I don't think of her all day, every day, but I realize that sometimes we are not only a victim of the choices WE make, but of those that others in our lives make as well.  The other path I did not have the courage to follow was in my education...if I had I would be a thriving architect right now, so I recently decided to look into pursuing something in that field to see where the journey takes me....but enough about me...what choices can you make, right here, right now to get you to where you want to be?  Ask yourself and answer truthfully.

Do you ever feel like you're living within a small capacity of yourself? Within what you will barely allow yourself to have or be in this life and yet you know that given the courage to make those changes now, you would in a heartbeat?  Change can be tough and those decisions are not always easy and courage and kindness are needed to get there...but not all of us have the courage we need when we need it... We often require strength in our convictions, total self-confidence and profound integrity to make those changes and yes some of us will struggle in doing so but when we allow ourselves to live honestly, we fulfill our lives to the core of our souls. 

I have mapped a positive course toward living all of my dreams from here on out and I'm so proud of myself...I hope you will do the same to find the courage to be you...to be unique and brave... to be the one and only true version of yourself that matters for you... If you don't you may never have another chance to live the life you want...the one you were meant to live.  There will always be people in your life who you fear will be hurt in the wake of the changes you need to make, but rest assured...in the long run, they will understand that you had to be true to yourself and that you can't always live a happy and fulfilling life when you stay with people out of a sense of duty.

The only truth that matters is your truth...don't you owe it to yourself to find the courage to live it? 


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: