Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, August 6, 2016

YOU'VE HAD WORSE DAYS...


You know the day that begins by getting toothpaste all over your shirt first thing in the morning before work, and then you go to cook breakfast and as you take the egg carton out of the refrigerator three eggs mysteriously jump up and out onto the floor?  The one where after you finally manage to cook breakfast, egg drops from your fork as you are feeding yourself and not only sticks to your shirt, thereby creating a new stain right next to the toothpaste stain, but sticks to your pants as well?  The one where you open a new container of raspberries and most of them fall out onto the floor?  :( Yes, that was actually the way my morning began this beautiful day, and it is only 11:00...oey. Once I rescued the last raspberry from the floor I started laughing...hysterically.  I realized just how funny it is when life hands you those "encore" moments and how it really is true that the way your morning begins actually does set the tone for the entire day. 

My initial reaction was anger and ultimately frustration, but then I realized how ridiculous that was and moved onto the laughter portion of the morning.  I said to myself, "Kimber (I call myself Kimber because my mother used to call me that), you have had worse days...this isn't even a bad day...just a clumsy one thus far...hahaha. My perspective changed quickly when I remembered that little things like that are nothing compared to the millions of horrible things people have to deal with every day.  We tend to let ourselves get so frustrated over silly, little, insignificant things like traffic, money, clothing, hair, makeup, cleaning, working, et. al...the daily "grind," if you will...those small moments that make up our entire day.  This is where that old saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff," comes in really handy.  

So the next time you find yourself getting angry or frustrated over a small, virtually insignificant incident, remember this...You've Had Worse Days...



Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: