Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, June 13, 2015

ASK FOR HELLLLLLP...

I cannot count the number of times during my life, beginning from very early childhood, that people have said to me, "Kimberly, ask for help."   Really?  I'm German, Irish and Taurus...my philosophy? ...If I can't do it myself it isn't possible in my world.  Now looking back on this philosophy of mine as of late, I have to say I see where it might be a bit flawed.  

I'm not sure as to the why and the particulars of it all, but asking for help is so hard for me.  My mother once told me that my first words were, "I do it!"  Wow, that just spoke volumes to me.  My poor mother, God rest her soul, put up with a lot from me as I grew, but she loved me unconditionally, which is hard to find this day and age...but I digress.  It seems to me that life would not be so hard if I were the type of person that went around asking everyone for help all the time, but I think in the back of my mind I see it as some sort of weakness...which it very much is not, don't get me wrong, but that is how I have always viewed asking for help...at least for me. Every time I get into a hard situation I try anything and everything I can possibly think of to get out and/or around it.  There are times when I feel like I'm running into a wall, over and over again with the same results.  It is only after I have metaphorically broken all my bones from banging into the wall so much, that I finally ask for help.  Then, when I receive help from someone who can actually offer the type I need, the situation becomes resolved and usually very quickly and I sit there licking my wounds and shaking my head asking myself, "Now why didn't I just do that in the first place."  You know, hind sight and all.  I also used to feel like it would put somebody out if they had to help me or felt as though they had to help me and then I would owe them for eternity because I never feel I can do enough for someone to pay them back.  These are not positive thoughts, which is the way my life is now geared.  I now know that in my positive world it is okay to ask for help and a simple thank you will usually suffice as payment in kind.  

When we don't ask for the help we need, we make life so much harder on ourselves, and let's face it, it's hard enough.  It is important to realize that we need help early on and ask for it. People don't judge us for it or look down on us for it and really, so what if they do.  That would just alert me to the fact that they are not the people to ask and then make me ask myself just why those types of people are in my life in the first place.  Time to remove those unwanted elements.  

At this stage in my life, I want easier, not harder, I want positive, not negative and I want happiness and joy in abundance, not sadness and depression.  I want new and exciting experiences and opportunities in my life.  I want all the best life has to offer and if asking for help will make any and all of that come to me faster, bigger and better, I'm in.  Ask for help...whenever and wherever you need it.  Fill your life with ease...not tension.  


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: