Donate to help this blog continue

Thursday, December 27, 2012

WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?

P1010332 What’s love got to do with it?  Apparently…everything.  Look at the heart of pretty much every culture and species and you will find it.  Some cultures and species’ live for it.  Humans, for example, cannot seem to get by in life without it.  I’m sure there are the exceptions to the rule (or people who think they’re fooling everyone else), but just look around.  Songs are about it, poems are about it, religion is about it, books are about it, to name but a few.  Plus, there are so many types and degrees of love.  We love our kids, our parents, our grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, brothers and sisters, friends, lovers, possessions, ideas, hobbies, and the list goes on.  Coupling is a means to populate the earth and further the species on the planet, but love is the key to coupling (most often) within our species.

There are those of us who will find love in and throughout our lifetimes, and those of us who will never know it, not really.  What about me, you ask?  Well, I have experienced many plains of love throughout my life, but I have to say that the love I have found recently, and now that I’m old enough to understand, will probably be the best by far (thank you Erin for the matchmaking.  Haha).  This type of love isn’t about drama and games and jealousies.  It’s about deep friendship and connection, understanding and patience, giving and taking, respect and trust as well as the utmost freedom to be who you really are and have that person stick around.  I think it took getting this old and having the experiences I have had thus far for me to appreciate what love is all about…healthy love, not the kind I’ve always been used to, which was very dysfunctional. 

Wouldn’t it be great if we did it all backward?  Not literally because that would just be insane, but if we had some of the knowledge it takes us so many years to acquire at a much younger age, I believe the world would not be in the shape it’s in now. 

So, in summation and to answer the question, “What’s love got to do with it?”  Apparently Everything

No comments: