Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Changing the Daily Grind

P1000694
Ever wake up and think to yourself, “Great, another round of wake up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, go to sleep, repeat.”  This must be the American dream, the one they don’t tell you about, the one where you work hard and pay your bills and taxes and ultimately have no life outside of those daily grind routines.  Well I, for one, have had enough.  I am so ready to get out of this rut.  I used to really love my part time job and building my business on the side, but recently it would seem that even my boss (who, if you happen to read this, I cherish very much and have never had a better one) has been taking me for granted along with everyone else in my life.  It seems I am trying so hard to please everyone else and not hard enough to please myself.  I know it has affected my mood as of late in that I am not happy and most unhappy people love nothing more than company so we go around being mean and disagreeable and try to make everyone else unhappy right along with us.  This is so dumb and accomplishes nothing.  The truth is, I don’t want to make everyone else unhappy, just to make myself happy and that is what I have decided to do. 
I realize that every country has their issues and problems, but for me, the good old U.S. of A. just isn’t cutting it anymore.  I am trying to find a job overseas, preferably with the U.S. Embassy in Venice, Italy, and beginning the arduous task of the never-ending paperwork involved.  I think if I get the results I am looking for, this will be well worth it.  As it stands now, living from paycheck to paycheck, I have no hope for a savings account for my “retirement,” which we all know is a moot point with Social Security in such a mess, and I would like nothing better than to adopt a calmer, more life-loving attitude about waking up in the morning and greeting the day.  The Italians know how to LIVE life, not just exist for a paycheck and the almighty dollar.  Many countries in Europe have this attitude as well, so if things don’t work out for Italy, they may work out for France or somewhere else across the ocean.
My point?  If you are in the middle of the doldrums and humdrums, make a conscious decision to change it, or it will suck you under and you will drowned, probably taking several people with you.  This is not going to be healthy for anyone involved. 

No comments: