Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, August 14, 2010

WE Make Our Day

As much pondering as I do (I really need to get a life), I realized this morning just how much in charge of our daily grind we are.  Much like this gull who wanted tartar sauce with his fish and decided he was going to go ahead and help himself to what was left on the table, since obviously no one was going to finish it.  I swear I saw that gull smile after polishing off the tartar sauce and humming a merry tune as he finished and took flight.

Because I so greatly battle with low/no self-esteem on, what seems like, an hourly basis these days, I in turn live with so much depression and all too quickly grasp the negative side of things before I do the positive. 

This morning I decided to take action because this crap is getting me nowhere.  I wrote out three great positive affirmations and “arted” them up a bit.  They are now taped to my bathroom mirror where I will see them first thing every morning and hopefully where they will sink into my soul subliminally.  The first one says, “You ARE Somebody.”  The second one reads, “You are WORTH IT,” and the third one says, “YOU make your life.  Take the good and F*&# the bad.” 

While conducting my online research this morning I happened across this fantastic article on E-How entitled, “How to Create Positive Affirmations.”  Another article I stumbled upon is entitled, “Positive Attitude and Affirmations.” 

If you lead a life that is mostly negative and/or depressed, maybe these articles can help to guide you in a healthier direction.  I am amazed at how powerful suggestion is and how our mindset can alter our physical health. 

The other important thing to remember is that WE make our day, we make every day…alone.  We can share our time with those around us and those we love, but ultimately we must rely on ourselves to bring happiness and fulfilled goals into our lives. 

I know I feel better already, like there is hope and that I can climb out of this deep abyss.  I am hopeful that this will help anyone out there struggling to find some light and turn their lives around and that they don’t depend on others for their happiness.

No comments: