Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ORIGINAL POST-IT NOTES

One of the things I love best about the town of old Bisbee, is the ambiance of the architecture and the fact that it is still standing. It definitely shows a pride in the people of the town, a pride of ownership and belonging.

My second favorite thing about old Bisbee is their advertising system. No matter where you go, on what street you happen to be on, you are going to know what is going on for the next week by the multitude of fliers tacked to buildings, telephone poles, painted on vehicles, hung around peoples' necks, in store windows, in resident windows, on animals, painted on faces, sticking to your car window wherever you park, and some really odd places as well.

I think the reason I find this so awe inspiring is the fact that Bisbee is a town by and for artists, and who better to find creative ways to publicize events, than artists. I think if I had the money (well, enough to be a starving artist) I would surely make it my home.

No comments: