Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM

Feeling so down, very confused, I don't know what to do;
It seems the further I try to forge, more steps I fear I lose;

I work as hard as I possibly can to keep us in the black;
but then comes that straw, that proverbial straw, that broke the camel's back;

I climb the uphill battle, to make ends meet and more;
I don't understand why my effort's defeated, this is getting to be such a bore;

I have a teenage son to raise, and all alone to boot;
Why does my plight go unrewarded, does anyone give a hoot?

I'm killing myself slowly but surely, to live the American "dream";
but I'll be damned if I'll let them win, no matter how weak I seem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend I hope things are not as bad as they appear on blog paper. You sound very down again, although I see in another post that you have prospects for a new job...that's encouraging! I have to tell you too, the photos in these last few blogs are GORGEOUS and your words are very true, for each and every one of us. I wish things were better for you. Know that I am adding you to my "Praying in Color" list---check Amazon for info on the book and watch my blog for a discussion and samples in the next week. I think this is a system of prayer that you might find very theraputic to use on yourself. Hang in there, darlin' the year is just beginning.

basia said...

Hi Kimberly! I have just tagged you with a blog award. You can pick it u at my blog site:
http://basia-spiritspace.blogspot.com/ Enjoy the butterfly! Always, Barbara

Renee said...

Kimberlee,

Thank you so much for the award, it is also My first too! Just wanted to make sure and say thank you I am so honored!