Donate to help this blog continue

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

(Can you believe I took this picture in my garden - today - in November?)

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and lately, I have to say, this beholder has seen more beauty, every day.

Today is Thanksgiving and because of my recent soul-searching excursions, I realize how thankful I am for everything in my life; my mom and her recovery from this horrible cancer, my brothers, my son, my sister Marit, and all of our family and friends, as well as a job, a roof over our head, the journeys we make safely, color, taste, sound, and all the rest of the senses, emotions, and let's face it, just being a part of it all.

This life is beautiful, messy, fun, exciting, creative, disastrous, chaotic,
up and down and so many other things. How fortunate we all are to be participants.

I am thankful and grateful.



1 comment:

Graham Ettridge said...

This is a truly wonderful photograph. The colours are so vibrant and the subject so delicate. Nature really is so beautiful.