Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH

I hope everyone had a fabulous fourth. I had my niece and nephew over for a couple of days while their mom and dad had an "alone time" getaway - much needed. I took my son and the two of them to Lake Patagonia and we rented a peddle boat - a four-seater. We pedaled all over that huge lake and boy did I need the exercise. The kids jumped off of the boat in every little cove we visited and swam for a while in their clothes. They loved it. I, on the other hand, opted not to swim as someone had to keep the boat in the local vicinity, as there was no place to tie off. We had a great day together. I took this picture of my niece when we docked in the only cove we were able to run aground in. This picture reminded me of the epitome of the "girl next door" look.

L to R - My niece Sarah (11), My son Brice (15), and my Nephew Alex (8)

No comments: