Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, June 15, 2008

10-ITEM SWAP CREATION

Here it is. This is what the ten items Stacy sent me in the RoundRobinExpress 10-item swap (See post below), decided they wanted to be. This was so much fun because from the 10-random items Stacy had laying around her studio, she now gets back a box, not only to keep her treasured items in, but a box made with items she chose.




On the back of the box, I used a large, brass hinge to keep the top and bottom always together. I used the "open" knob Stacy sent on top of the lid to open the box. I mean, it just had to go there.
On the top of the box I used the chain Stacy sent, along with her small star fish, (the "open" knob) and the little glass vile with the cork, that I put gold dust in and sealed. Don't want her spending it all in one place (*grin*).

Stacy also sent a playing card, the King of Hearts if I remember correctly. I really couldn't think of anything to do with the King of Hearts, but I liked the back side of the card, so I turned it into a back drop for a small, vintage pin up.

The texture of the inside and outside of the box is shiny and smooth as I used a collage medium on top of gel medium and it came out brilliantly glossy.


Stacy also sent a small CD that was previously some advertising ploy. I inked it with aqua ink and sprinkled it with pearlesecent embossing powder, which embossed very nicely. It really sparkles. To the top of that I added an "enjoy" dot. I also added four marbles for feet.

I have to say it is hard to part with this piece. I am hopeful that Stacy will love it as much as I do. I really had fun creating this one.

No comments: