Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, May 4, 2008

STILL MATTING

It's official--I'm completely hooked on cutting mattes. The possibilities are endless. I recently obtained a new, hand-held matte cutter, but what made the difference for me is that it is one that you pull instead of push. When my friend, Andy, taught me the basics, I realized that the pulling motion is much easier to see and control than the pushing motion. I also realized that you can't beat a really sharp blade. previously I was using an old hand-held cutter my father had used, but it is the push type and I think the blade must've been about 20 years old.

I even managed to get these cut with very few over cut lines in the corners, and considering all the cutting in the top picture, that was no small feat.


I am incorporating paper with the mattes, mostly because at this point my matting supply and foam core board supply is very limited and I don't want to waste them, but I found I can get color and shapes into small areas with paper and it is much easier than cutting an entire under matte. My poor house is going to be full of pictures now, and of course I don't have the room. I am also using the mattes for making covers for the spiral bound notebooks and day planners I am making with my new Bind-It-All, and incorporating those with my Crop-A-Dile and CriCut machines. If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I've had myself committed to Matte Cutter's Anonymous (MCA), for a long treatment. *giggle*. ART ROCKS!!!!

No comments: