Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, April 20, 2008

LEARNING TO MATTE

I am so excited that I am getting a chance to learn to cut matte board. I have a friend, Andy (short for Andrea) who does it professionally and she said that if I went to her house where she has her workshop, she would show me some techniques. So, the day before I was supposed to go up there, I sat down and designed four mattes that I wanted to cut. This is the one that turned out the best and took the most time. It is 8" x 8" and being that small, it was kind of tough getting these cuts to come out just right. Andy did most of the cutting, but I did some of the cutouts myself. I did the slits around the sides, a couple of triangles and on the inside black matte, I made some wrong cuts, but I still like the way it turned out. I also did a purple matte with a lightening bolt, but didn't scan it into the computer yet.

I recently purchased a binding machine and will be making many projects to bind together, like date books, journals, photo books, etc. I will be using the matte board for back and front covers. Some will be cut and others will be collaged, etc. Look for those posts soon.

No comments: