COPYRIGHT

Please respect the artwork, photographs and writings of this site and do not copy or otherwise distribute without prior consent/permission. All images, unless otherwise posted, belong exclusively to the artist.

FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Purchase My Books Here:

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu. Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu. Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

LEARNING TO MATTE

I am so excited that I am getting a chance to learn to cut matte board. I have a friend, Andy (short for Andrea) who does it professionally and she said that if I went to her house where she has her workshop, she would show me some techniques. So, the day before I was supposed to go up there, I sat down and designed four mattes that I wanted to cut. This is the one that turned out the best and took the most time. It is 8" x 8" and being that small, it was kind of tough getting these cuts to come out just right. Andy did most of the cutting, but I did some of the cutouts myself. I did the slits around the sides, a couple of triangles and on the inside black matte, I made some wrong cuts, but I still like the way it turned out. I also did a purple matte with a lightening bolt, but didn't scan it into the computer yet.

I recently purchased a binding machine and will be making many projects to bind together, like date books, journals, photo books, etc. I will be using the matte board for back and front covers. Some will be cut and others will be collaged, etc. Look for those posts soon.

Thanks For Visiting and Please Tell a Friend if you like what you've seen

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews