Donate to help this blog continue

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

FAITH OR FEAR?...

(c) Photo - October 1, 2018 - Kimberly D Miller

FAITH OR FEAR?...
(c) Kimberly D. Miller - October 9, 2018

Last year was probably the second worst year of my life, and at the same time, it may have been one of the best. It began with loss and intense struggle...confusion and devastation, but along the way I learned first-hand about faith...faith that conquers fear, faith that picks you up off of the floor, faith in people, faith in myself and faith in the universe...Gaia...a higher power.

Fear can be such a powerful thing. It can keep you from showing love, from being your true self, from going after your dreams, from making the choices in your life that matter and ultimately, it can keep you from living the life you were meant to live. The question is, why do we do this to ourselves? Why is it so easy to give into fear and negativity? Why are we willing to make choices based on being afraid of so many things? The answer to these questions, all of which I was constantly asking myself this past year, was faith. I had let my faith lapse. I used to have faith in myself, faith in my choices in people and jobs and situations and relationships. I used to have spirituality and base my life on choices that were aligned with that spirituality, but somewhere along the way, it dwindled down to a point that made it easy for negativity, disbelief and mistrust to fill the voids that were infiltrating my entire being through fear.

Enter...faith. Eventually, through so many miraculous events, I began to realize that faith had dwindled from my life. I finally understood that when I had a strong belief in myself and faith in myself, I had amazing self-esteem. When I had faith in the universe I could make decisions from a positive perspect instead of a negative one and my world made sense again. I could let myself go and just be the person I wanted to be and create the life I wanted to live...without fear.


When you let go of faith, you are left with fear. If you base a life on faith you have ease, security, joy and love. If you base a life on fear, you have anger, turmoil, frustration, depression and chaos. So I put this to you now...how will you choose to guide your life...faith or fear?


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: