Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, September 9, 2018

YOU'RE TOO SENSITIVE...

(LOVE SHOULD ALWAYS BE UNCONDITIONAL)
Photo(c) Kimberly D. Miller 9/9/2018

YOU'RE TOO SENSITIVE...
(c) September 9, 2018, Kimberly D. Miller/Kimberly's Kreations


Growing up, or at any point in your life really, has anyone ever judged you with one or more of the following phrases, “You're so sensitive,” “You're too sensitive,” “You take everything so personally,” “You wear your heart on your sleeve,” “Are you upset again?” “Everything seems to bother you.”


Really? I mean hello, we are born with every emotion on tap, and we all have a propensity toward a certain few, depending upon our personality type. I myself, for example, am a hyper-sensitive person and have heard all of the above judgments my entire life and they really used to bother me (of course they did, I'm really sensitive), that is until I realized this one really important thing...without being extremely senstive, I would not be specifically me. I am an artist, a writer, a poet, a singer, a lyricist, a photographer and a lifecoach, all of which require me to be extremely sensitive or I could not be all of those things. It also enables me to be a true-blue best friend and a very deep and passionate lover and romantic, again, not possible if I were not extremely sensitive.


Does this often make it difficult to be around me and do people have to learn at times what my moods are and how to talk to me without being rude and blunt? Absolutely because I will undoubtedly take it hard and ruminate on it for days, weeks, months and even years, but if you want a recurring role in my life, then you will communicate with me and together we will make that change happen for the both of us. Everyone has to learn how to adjust to being around everyone and being around a sensitive is no different. We sometimes just require a little more love and understanding.


If you are a sensitive, know that you are amongst a growing part of the population and you are not alone. Also know that you are meant to be sensitive because you are either doing something with your life or meant to do something with your life that requires that sensitivity on your particular path. It's okay to be the person you are and other people are just going to have to accept that about you and if they don't, then they are not meant to be in your life because they are not being supportive. I learned a long time ago that if people are not there to support you, then there is no good reason for them to be there at all. Once I weeded those people out, those who were left may be few, but I know they are there because they are real friends who love and support me. Make sure you know that, especially if you are sensitive.


There are some great websites that have new coping skills for you out there and if you would like, I would be happy to send a few links. Just post a comment below and I can send you to some sites that are specific to your situation.



P.s. To my friends who have stuck by me these past years through all my many moods and walked on many an eggshell and treaded lightly when necessary, you are very loved and treasured, especially this past year. My eternal gratitude and love.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: