Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, November 19, 2017

TUNA FISH-AVOCADO TURTLES...

(Picture from Reddit.com)

TUNA FISH-AVOCADO TURTLES...

In the process of embracing my newfound plant-based diet, I remembered this recipe that I had had at a restaurant during the time I was driving the coastline for a living.  I believe it was a restaurant in Brookings.  Anyway, a little fish is allowed now and then in the eating plan and I love tuna.  This recipe is SO delicious!!!

1 can of tuna in water
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
2 avocados, a little on the "almost" ripe side
1/2 red, white or yellow onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup of dill reslish
4 olives of your choice
1 small carrot

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.  Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.  With a large spoon, scoop the avocados out of their shells and try to keep them in tact.  Scoop a small portion of the tuna mixture into the middle of a small plate and turn an avocado-half upside down on top of the scoop, creating the turtle's "shell."  To make the head, spear an olive with a toothpick and stick it into the avocado where the head would be.  Cut the small carrot in half lengthwise and then into 1/2 pieces for the legs.  Makes 4 servings.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: