Donate to help this blog continue

Thursday, August 31, 2017

DOES SOMEBODY WANT YOU???


How wanted do you feel in your relationship?  How about in your life in general?  I found this quote on Always Positive and shared it with a friend of mine who is having some relationship issues: “There’s a difference between somebody who wants you and somebody who would do anything to keep you.”  I decided that that is the relationship I want to end up with…the one in which somebody would do anything to keep me, because then I would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the love and desire, the friendship and passion in the relationship was real and we would both work hard on making it work.  I would know that the gestures I put toward romance are appreciated and reciprocated.  One day soon I will find the one woman on the planet who is willing to go the distance with me and work hard on resolving all of our differences on an ongoing basis with open communication, but until then, I now know that I want me and that’s enough for now.

Are you in a relationship in which you both put in equal effort to keep it alive, honest and ongoing with full disclosure and communication, or are you one of those people who use the term, “...have them wrapped around my finger,” or feel that someone has you wrapped around their finger?  Are there games and drama and withdrawment in lieu of communication? If so, stop and take an honest assessment of your relationship. 
Once you have done that and, if you decide it is worth saving, talk to your partner and get it worked out.  Life is too short to play games or retreat in silence.  If you decide the only thing to do would be to cut them loose, then remember that it is a kinder thing to do in the long run than stay in a relationship where the love and friendship has died and there is no hope of resuscitation.  

Wanting yourself and loving who you are is all that matters in the long run.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: