Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, February 6, 2021

LIVING IN THE MIDDLE

(Photo by Kimberly Miller - © 2021)


When you first move out of the house after having been supported all of those years by your parents, it's not only a bit of a culture shock, but a shock to the system. For some of us however, specifically those of us thought of as “middle-class” and “low-class,” we not only struggle to adjust and find our way emotionally, we also have to struggle to survive in the world, mostly working jobs we hate to pay the bills, put a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.  A lot of us end up tired, bitter and unhappy, never really having learned how to live a life of fulfillment.  What I have never understood is this; why are some people born into money and the rest of us born somewhere in the middle or at the bottom of the rungs of the ladder?  Why do some people get the privilege of never having to worry about where things will come from?  Why were they born with enough money and privilege to know ease? I guess my basic wonder is, why are there “classes” of people...why isn’t everyone thought of as equal?  Some of us are constantly struggling, struggling, struggling to make ends meet and never quite get the hang of it and others get the hang of it but don’t have enough knowledge or resources to understand how to further succeed.  Now, here I am, approaching the Winter of my life, having worked my ass off since I was very, very young, feeling tired, run-down, almost homeless and beaten up by everything I have struggled to achieve, not feeling that I have gained an inch since the day I left the monetarily-safe confines of my parents’ home, wondering why it all has to be so hard and why I was never afforded the same opportunities as those who can just blink and eye and make money.  I was never "lucky" in love and therefore have spent the majority of my life as a single person and I do believe that those who were lucky enough to partner have been able to make ends meet and come out ahead because it takes two incomes to get by these days, but I believe that without finding real love it would be too high a price to pay to be in a relationship just to make ends meet. If there is a secret to this conundrum, other than working hard and getting nowhere, I would really love to be in on it (and yes, I have read and watched The Secret, but it hasn’t quite manifested much).


I feel that without humankind’s need for superiority, there would be no war, no bullying, no prejudice, no “classes” of people.  That would mean that everyone helped one another and cared because in the world we live in now, I’m sorry to say, it seems that no one cares and that fact is just getting worse and worse each year.  Was this year particularly tough due to CoVID?  Absolutely, but it just amplified the problems and the severity of the state of our world.  


Is there hope?  I believe there is always hope and I believe there is a way to overcome all of this need for struggle, but I don’t quite yet have the answer.  I think it would be so great if someone who had figured it all out would be kind enough to share it all on a website or blog for free and make everyone aware of methods and opportunities that could help everyone get the same footing.  I’m sure there are some out there, it is just a matter of where to look.  


The reason I chose this topic is that so many of my friends and myself are at an age where we have tried just about everything and are feeling so beaten down and hopeless, but I say we don’t give up the fight just yet and maybe if those of you who have the answers, or at least the ability to guide those of us who need them, will share your knowledge out of the kindness of your hearts...there is hope for us after all.  I have to believe there are still people in this world who care about others and I hope you can believe it too.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: