Donate to help this blog continue

Monday, April 18, 2016

KNOW FREEDOM BY THE SEAT OF YOUR PANTS...

(I'm the one on the far left holding the rail...woo hoo)

What do people want most out of life in general besides being loved? Freedom. We all want to be free to think, act, and be, as we desire. This is a problem however, for some.

There is an old expression that goes, "Fly by the seat of your pants." In other words in order to know freedom you need to just let things happen and occur and live them one moment at a time, spontaneously. I adore spontaneity...I literally thrive on it these days and, although I have my moments where I plan things out in life, my most fulfilling enjoyments and pleasures are always spontaneous. 

Control, or rather lack thereof, is the key. People with control issues want to plan everything out...all the time. They literally want to live life according to a "script," if you will. Sure, at times that will bring you the desired, albeit expected outcome, but really, in the long run, what fun is that? Where is the fun in predictability? Needing to have the illusion of control is fear-based. When you live in fear, you need control and you need to know that every moment is accounted for and will turn out the way you want them to. When you live in faith you live in the moment and let things happen as they may. You experience miracles and blessings, so many and so fast that you can hardly keep track of them. How do I know this? I know this because I have been, most of my life, one of those control-issue people. About a year and a half ago, I cut bait and let go. I literally took one of the largest leaps of faith I have ever taken and it turned out better than I could have ever planned. I still have my control-issue days from time to time, but then I sit myself down and have a talk with myself and remind myself that the days filled with faith and the days I truly let go and let things happen as they will, are the freest, happiest days of my life and I feel that joy to the very depths of my heart and soul. 

Learning to stay positive is not easy, especially if you weren't raised that way, but it's not impossible...I'm proof of that. Still, I have my hard days where I have to literally kick my own butt all day just to keep positive, but because I now have those coping skills (I'm not fond of the term "coping skills" because I would rather thrive than cope), I manage it. My parents were pretty negative thinkers and my mother was the most skilled worrier I ever knew. She taught me everything I knew about worrying, and her mother taught her, and so on and so on. I was so sad for her that she lived with so much fear all the time, but I didn't know how to help her back then. I often think that it was necessary for me to be raised by negative thinkers because without knowing that side of life, I really couldn't fully grasp the concept of positive thinking and a positive, spontaneous lifestyle the way I do now. I finally understand that the more gratitude I feel, nay express for the beautiful blessings in my life, i.e. freedom and spontaneity to name but two, the more I receive, and I am so grateful for the positive and wonderful things and people in my life right now. Besides the birth of my amazing son, I have never been as blessed and soul-wrenchingly happy as I am today.

People who worry live in a fear-based projection of the future...they do not live in the here and now, in the daily gift of life that we are given, which is the ultimate waste of time. We are here to live each day, not worry about the next, which by the way, we don't even know if we are going to get another one so by living in fear of the future, we aren't really living at all. What they are essentially accomplishing with this fear-based projection is a certain failure of good health and thereby a body filled with dis-ease (disease). 

Flying by the seat of your pants is something that very few individuals practice, but I highly recommend it to everyone. Know the joy and wonderment of spontaneity and freedom and throw caution to the wind where it belongs. Live in the moment...be who you are and love your life...it's the only one you are going to get and if you let go, the life you want to live will flow right to you.





Thank you so much for visiting my blog and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" below. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. Happy blogging.

No comments: