Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, December 20, 2015

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...(CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD)

Lately I have been researching a lot of subjects, from books to blogs, to food and music, to homemade items for sale and I thought, why not share them, so I compiled some lists of a few of my favorite things (and yes, the pun was definitely intended ...lol).

Since I don't have television (other than Netflix) I sometimes get bored and surf on my computer a lot and YouTube is where I find a lot of funny videos. 

Videos that make me laugh:

1.  United Health Care Commercial:  This is one of the funniest commercials I have seen in such a long time...I still laugh so hard when I watch it over and over...make sure you watch it to the very end because the best line is the one the lady says at the end.

2.  Ellen Degeneres Interview With Amy Schumer part one and Part Two.  This cracks me up because, not only are these two ladies hilarious, but I love how Amy cracks Ellen up.

3.  Ellen Cracking Up Some More and; Ellen Talks To Gladys. This is hilarious.

4.  The origin of job interviews; This is great!!!

5.  Five Year Old English boy finds out he is going to be a big brother; this is the cutest reaction ever and I love, love, love his accent.

6.  This little boy did NOT want another brother or sister; this little boy is exasperated...lol.

7.  British Tea;  This is freaking hysterical...I did NOT expect that to happen.

8.  Mean old lady plays prank; This is hilarious because it is something I would probably do...lmao!!!

Books I've written and published (and am proud of):

1.  The Secret of Vesta; (paperback, hardback or kindle).

2.  Wrath of the Secret of Vesta; (only currently available in hardback, but an excellent read).

3.  Sensual Journey; (Original poetry and photography).

4.  Simply Poetry; (Original poetry and photography).


Quotes that inspire me:

1.  “Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” ― Natalie BabbittTuck Everlasting

2.  "...but the trick is to have a life before we die," which is from a movie, but I cannot remember which one.

3..  “‘Dear God,’ she prayed, ‘let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.’”
—Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

4.   “She was becoming herself and daily casting aside that fictitious self which we assume like a garment with which to appear before the world.”
—Kate Chopin, “The Awakening”

5.  “Journeys end in lovers meeting.” —William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

6.   “One must be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” —Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices

7.  "Fear is but anticipation of a negative result," Me.


Favorite web sites:

1.  Etsy: - I love to purchase handmade items here because of the variety and uniqueness.

2.  My web store: I love building on this site and incorporating more new product into it as it becomes available.  I am still working on building this site in product so it is still small, but growing all the time.

3.  Redbubble:  This is my favorite place, not only to post my photography and turn them into awesome products, but to look at the most beautiful photographs I have ever seen.

4.  StumbleUpon: I adore this site and the exciting and unique things I "stumble" upon.  Easy to use and one-of-a-kind.

5.  Pinterest: Who doesn't love Pinterest and

6.  YouTube: of course.

My other favorite things:

I also LOVE:

1.  Lighthouses.  I have had the privilege to visit many on this coastline and the Eastern coastline.  I love, love, love lighthouses.

2.  Schooner ships; I love taking short trips on these. I have gone on three different tall ships and they are amazing.

3.  Waterfalls; Each and every one unique and special..an absolute enigma from one to the next...a little bit of heaven and an abounding miracle to behold.

4.  Covered bridges; Such beautiful representations of outdoor architecture past.  I love covered bridges.

5.  Day trips. You can go anywhere and be anyone while you are there.  The journey is the excitement...you meet new people, see new places and discover new ideas.

6.  Christmas movies.  I could watch them all year long.  There is something about the hope and love and rejoicing that takes place in these movies, not to mention the music, that draws me to them.

7.  Music, which speaks for itself.  Soothing, elating, fulfilling, mood-changing, and life-altering.  I listen to it constantly.

8.  Writing.  It's everything to me.  It's who I am.

What are your favorite things?  Whatever they are, as long as they harm no one, especially not you, cling to them and nurture them because these are the things that make you happy and relaxed and ultimately...you.


I love Waldorf salad and my grandmother made the best.  It isn't that it is a tough recipe by far, but I think it was the amount of love and care she put into it that gave it that extra, delicious touch.  I hope you try it...it's yummy.

CLASSIC WALDORF SALAD

I love Waldorf Salad, especially this recipe that my mom used to make for a few of the dinners leading up to the holidays.  I hope you will love it as much as I do:


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup real mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/8 Tsp. Salt
3 Medium Apples, diced
1 Cup Sliced Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts

Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well.  Add in the rest of the ingredients making sure to coat the apples well.  Cover and chill.  Makes 5 1/2 cups.


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. Also, please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: