Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, October 31, 2015

HOME ALONE...

Sometimes sitting home alone can feel so peaceful. I got off of work today, came home, got into my snuggly jammies (there is a storm brewing up outside, which I love) and built a fire. I then spread a blanket on the floor, poured a glass of wine and made a hot bowl of soup, both of which I brought down to the blanket with me, along with my computer, waiting for the trick-or-treaters to arrive.

I used to hate being alone so much but the older I get the more I value the time to get to know myself better and spend time enjoying the things in life that are important to me. I use the time to craft and reflect and write, composing the occasional poem or two.


If you don't enjoy being home alone, ask yourself why and reflect on the possibilities. Take the time to really evaluate your life and take notes (mental or on paper) as to what direction your life is headed. Maybe use this time to understand whether or not you need to make some changes and if so, how to go about them. If you have hobbies, that is the best time to pursue them, especially if you live in a household where alone-time is scarce.


Time is precious and time alone, for some, even more so. Enjoy it when you can and make the most of being home alone.



Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. Also, please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: