Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

THE SILENT STONE...

By the silent stone I sit, my soul encased with physical strains;


My head I press into the wind, I long to soar above the stress of gravity;


The ocean breeze taunts my skin with its crisp purity and scent of honesty;


I care no more for restraints of emotionality or oppression of human obstacles;


Judge me not for I care not about clandestine judgments of those who do not know;


I release my hold on illusions and embrace the here and the now.


Sometimes I write these...they are a cross between a poem and a rant, but calmer and without rhyme.  I can't remember what they are called, but I remember doing them years ago in a day-long class I took.  They are a great writing exercise and an exercise in letting yourself free up with expression.



(c) 2015 Kimberly D Miller


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: