Donate to help this blog continue

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

THERE IS NO “I” IN TEAM…LOL

P1030646PICTURE I TOOK OF HACETA HEAD LIGHTHOUSE © 2014 – KIMBERLY MILLER

It seems I constantly encounter the saying, “There is no ‘I’ in team,” and other such jewels of wisdom and, because I love words, I can appreciate the spirit in which they are created.  I love to take sayings like these and twist them around sometimes just for comedic value, for example, while it is true that there is no “I” in team, it is also true that if you scramble the letters you will definitely find the word “me” in team. 

I also love to find spirituality and meaning in words like the fact that the word “time” contains both the words “I” and “me,” one right after the other, which leads me to the thought that “I” must always make “time” for “me.” 

Words are not only powerful, but they also contain hidden meanings, most of which fly right over the tops of our collective heads.  As you can well imagine I am a big fan of crosswords puzzles, anagrams, hidden words, scrambles, Scrabble, Boggle and any other game involving words and, because I am on a life-altering journey of self-discovery, I thought it would be fun to see how many words that are special to me and my life contain the words I and/or me.

The word “I” resides precisely in the middle of the word “faith,” which means to me that I have or should have faith.

The word “I” also resides precisely in the middle of the word “believe,” which means to me that I believe in me and I believe in the power of God and the angels.

The word “I” can be found twice in the word “spiritual,” which means to me that I am a spiritual being and that I will live spiritually.

The word “me” is in the word “realm,” which means to me that I shall exist  in this realm and any other realm that I am chosen to reside in.

The word “me” is right at the beginning of the word “empathy,” (backwards, but there) which means to me that it is important for me to have empathy for others and them for me.

I could go on like this all night but I am sure by now you see where I am going.  Find words that mean something to you in your life, in your personal growth and spirituality, and see what’s inside of them; what they mean to you personally.  There is a reason why you gravitate to particular words and/or sayings and if you set those definitions for yourself, they will mean even more because let’s face it, they’re in your life for a reason.

No comments: