Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, November 1, 2014

BE THE CHANGE...


In the ever-wise words of Ghandi, "Be the change you want to see in the world." Now, while I agree these are words to live by, I also believe it to be imperative that you first Be the change you want to see in you.  I realize more and more, day after precious day, how fundamental it is that you know you, without a shadow of a doubt, before you take on anything outside of your world. We all live spherically inside our own, comfortable planes of existence, much like a subdivision in a city or town. We have our circle(s) of friends, our work world, our play world and our realities and, while there is no such thing as perfection, we all try to be the best possible versions of ourselves that we know how to be.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of conversing with a friend on this topic who always manages to shed new light into my world.  

My continuing journey toward my personal regeneration is based upon becoming the most positive version of myself I can be to create the most positive results and ultimate joys life can offer.  Having had so many alcoholic and often-negative people in my life, it has been difficult to overcome the tendencies toward negativity that were instilled into me.  Determination in this endeavor however, is key.  My positive self-talk and deepening faith is finally coming to the point that, with practice, will become second nature.  This is who I have always wanted to be.  Expect the negative, and you will receive it. Put negative words and thoughts out there and that is what will come your way. My friend taught me to use only positive words in my self-talk, i.e., instead of saying or thinking, "I do not have heart disease," use words like, "I am heart-healthy." If you use negative words in stating the positive change, you are still putting negativity out there.  


Stop asking why.  The answer to that question will always be...why not.  I am a deep thinker and because of that have spent most of my life asking why this happened or why that won't happen or didn't happen.  Why is a word that cannot be addressed in life because it is what it is.  Things are as they are meant to be. Asking why does not change a situation, it only causes you stress.  Even if you can find the answer to the why in question, you may not like the answer and still you will be stressed. 


Have faith. Be thankful. Move forward. I find that whenever I say thank you, and I say it out loud with my words and my actions, I receive more of the same positive results. Be the change you want to see in you and you WILL be the change you want to see in the world.


No comments: