Donate to help this blog continue

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MY TRIP TO THE TREES OF MYSTERY YESTERDAY IN KLAMATH, CALIFORNIA REDWOODS

I had the best time yesterday.  I treated myself to a trip down the coastline and into the California redwoods, just for a taste of home.  The drive, incredibly beautiful of course, brought immense fresh and clean air bringing back memories of growing up in the coastal redwoods.  Winding down the pacific coastline was such sheer beauty that words cannot properly describe.  I took pics of my adventures with a few captions.  Click on any picture to enlarge.  Thank you, God, for such a great day and the opportunity to return to live in all of the awesomeness.

Starting out and headed through Bandon, Oregon



 I then headed through Port Orford, Oregon and stopped by the port for a few pics




 I had to laugh at the name of this park...Did Scrooge live here?  lmao
 Although I didn't go inside, I was entranced by the sight of these monsters.  Going to check them out further next trip.




These were some coastal shots along the way.  Although it was overcast, it was beautiful 

 Heading into Gold Beach, Oregon...beautiful bridge




 Coming into Brookings, Oregon...This is where I originally wanted to live and it was SO beautiful there.  Tricia I snuck a photo in for you...lol











 Cruising through Smith River, California...I wish this gift shop would have been open...isn't it amazing?  Beautiful RV park behind it, right on the ocean.



 Crescent City, California.  What a beautiful port they have...not to mention the lighthouse.




 Ocean World is in Crescent City...It's like a miniature Marine World.  Loved it all but the seal and sea lion show was my fave...also petting three different types of sharks






















 Klamath, California - where I found the trees of mystery, harbored in a beautiful redwood forest.  I loved everything about it, especially the sky trail tram to the top of the mountain and back.  Wow!




































On my way back home I stopped along the highway and went beach combing.  What a beautiful day!























No comments: