Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, September 28, 2014

ARE WE DIS"EASED" BECAUSE OF GREED?

Sitting in my bed, looking out at the beautiful, green, towering trees, I started to realize that I was not enjoying their majesty, their ever-knowing presence, but instead I was worrying about whether or not I was going to get a job soon.  Then I began to think about how everyone in life (at least most of the people I know) worry and stress SO much about money and the power these little, white pieces of green and white paper have over our lives...if we let them.  What ever happened to the value of life in general..of just enjoying life and all the beauty on this planet and the beauty in our children, our loved ones and our friends?  Everything in life is about money and electronics and rushing here and buying this and selling that.  My question is why?  It really does nothing for us where it counts.  In God's eyes he doesn't care if we work 9 to 5 and pay our bills on time and bring home neat stuff from Walmart. He only cares if we are honest and loyal and loving and caring and trust him and forgive others.  After all, aren't we here on this planet by his hand?  Aren't we here to enjoy what we can, including each other?  The older I get, the more I get it.  Our society is SO into material shit.  I recently had a house FULL of material shit and sold off 99% of it in order to move away and start a new life.  Now that I have, I realize that it is really easy to do without all of that crap I had held onto for so long and I feel so much lighter because of it.  I just want to enjoy life and not work my ass off anymore to pay some stupid bills. I remember a passage from the bible that states it better; it is from Matthew 6:25- and it goes like this:
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
For this tells me that all I need to do is to have faith and to believe and that all will be taken care of.  If I accomplish anything from this post it is with hope that it will help someone take stock of their life and realize that risking their health by all this stressing, is SO not worth it.
If we worry about yesterday, we have depression.  If we worry about tomorrow, we have frustration.  Live for today for that is all that we have.  Just be happy.

No comments: