Donate to help this blog continue

Monday, December 9, 2013

Definition of Loneliness

Definition of Loneliness:



loneliness

  

lone·ly

  [lohn-lee]

adjective, lone·li·er, lone·li·est.
1.
affected with, characterized by, or causing a 
depressing 
feeling of being alone; lonesome.
2.
destitute of sympathetic or friendly 
companionship, 
intercourse,support, etc.: a lonely exile.
3.
lonesolitary; without company; 
companionless.
4.
remote from places of human habitation; 
desolate; 
unfrequented;bleak: a lonely road.
5.
standing apart; isolated: a lonely tower.

I think the definition that stands out most for me is in number 3, 
companionless.  
I guess because I live alone and have no companion I would be 
considered 
lonely, and around this time of year, I would tend to agree.  
Holidays really 
try to get the message drilled into one's head that the holidays are 
a time to 
reunite with loved ones and be with the ones you love.  Well guess 
what Hallmark...some of us can't be with the one's we love because 
we have made 
such a fucking mess of our lives that we love people we cannot have 
or we 
keep our hearts closed off because of stupid things from the past.  
My best 
friend told me the other day that he thinks I'm alone because my past 
has 
damaged me and I will never let anyone in again (although he worded 
it 
differently).  This got me to thinking really hard, not that I had much 
else to do, 
us lonely people seldom do, and I realized he is wrong.  Totally and 
completely
wrong!  I am finally able to let someone in and would totally commit 
to this 
person with all of my heart and soul and make it last til death us do 
part.  
The problem you ask? It is with a person who doesn't know I feel this 
way.  
I could tell them, but I think if I did that right now it would ruin what 
we have 
as friends and I don't want to risk that.  I hate that you can't help who 
you fall 
in love with.  It would be so much easier if we could.

Lonely?  Sure, but this too shall pass and around every corner in life, there 
is new hope.  I hate the holidays!

No comments: