Donate to help this blog continue

Friday, February 22, 2013

BUY A VERB, DAMMIT!

DSC08158

What is it with those of us who lead our lives in the following manner:  wake up, get dressed, go to work, come home, eat dinner, go to sleep and repeat?  Newsflash people, this is not LIVING.  I would term it only as “existence.”  I’m sure we were put here to do much more with our lives that just eke out a living and sleep.

It’s time we all woke up and bought a verb.  I mean life is about doing things, like hiking, shopping, socializing, traveling, vacationing, golfing, sporting, crafting, painting, and whatever other hobby or activities you may be into.  We have to get up and get at it now because, let’s face it, life is short.  Wouldn’t it be horrible to come to the end of your life and look back and all you had to show for it was waking up, getting dressed, going to work, coming home, eating dinner, going to sleep and repeating?  I know it would be for me.

You often hear tales from people who have died and were brought back to life, or from those who were on the brink of death and they say things like, “Wow, I am going to live every day from now on like was my last.”  Here’s a thought – why not live like that every day anyway.

One of my favorite movie lines is from the Disney movie, Tuck Everlasting, in which Tuck takes Winnie out on the pond in a rowboat and says something to the effect of, “Do not fear death--fear only the unlived life.”  I love that line and I love its meaning.

I’m guilty of all of the above, but I’ve grown sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and I’m ready for a huge, positive change.  I should think the health benefits alone, of such a life-altering attitude would be immense.  I’m ready to LIVE my life before I die…how about you?

No comments: