Donate to help this blog continue

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ACCORDION BOOK

I had so much fun over the weekend making this 4"x5" accordion book. I also discovered the coolest cardboard to use when making front and back covers, because I wanted it to be extremely durable. I had some old 3-ring binders and I took the vinyl off of the back and front covers which revealed a 1/4" thick piece of cardboard on each one. I used a large paper cutter to cut through the thick cardboard. It made super strong covers on my accordion books.



This is the back cover, which I used an Air Mail stamp to write my name and "created by" on, along with the date.

The middle holds accordion pages made from parchment paper, which are glued to the front and back cover. I think this would make a nice "Grandma's Brag Book" for pictures of her grandchildren or even a "Mother's Brag Book."

No comments: